- Categories:Cultivation Techniques
- Time of issue:2020-02-11 00:00:00
1. Choice of cultivation land:
The peony should be cool and hot, happy and dry, and damp, and the root system should be long. The cultivation site should be high in open and sunny, with good drainage and deep soil. The sandy loam is more suitable. To have a clean source of irrigation water, field cultivation should use wheat stubble, early corn, and bean stubble plots, and peony should be rotated, avoiding heavy stubble.
2. Timely cultivation:
Planting in autumn: The peony is suitable for autumn planting. Generally, it is more suitable to plant from late September to October, so that the root system has a period of recovery time before winter and can grow new roots to facilitate the growth of the second year. It is not suitable at night. The root system should be stretched when planting, the backfill soil should be solid, and the root system should be flat to the ground. It should not be too shallow or too deep.
3. Field management:
Plastic pruning: The purpose of plastic pruning is to make the branches of the peony plant evenly distributed, the plant type is perfect, airy and transparent, and by regulating the amount of flowers, reducing the size of the year, and extending the life of the plant.
4. Water and fertilizer management:
(1) Watering: The peony root system is developed, the soil is deep, and it has strong drought resistance. In areas with annual rainfall of more than 500mm, watering is generally not required for drought. Water it only when it is particularly dry. The general watering times are: ① after spring sprouts; ② before or after flowering ③ before wintering. Watering should be carried out in the morning and evening when it is hot. Avoid watering in the hot sun. In addition, during the rainy summer season, pay attention to the drainage of the peony nursery and do not accumulate water.
(2) Topdressing: Peony is a fertile plant, which can be fertilized three times a year: the first is to promote flowering (flower fertilizer) after budding in early spring; the second is to promote flower bud differentiation (bud fertilizer) after flowering; The second is to protect overwintering (winter fertilizer) before winter. The first two times were mainly fast-acting fertilizers, and the last time were mainly long-acting fertilizers.
5. Weeding and weeding:
Weeding is generally carried out in combination with fertilization and watering. After each watering, the soil should be loosened in time. Weeds in the field should be removed in time.
6, wintering over the soil:
The peony generally seals the seedlings against the cold only in the year of planting, and can be safely wintered without sealing the soil in the future.
Scan the QR code to read on your phone